21st-Century Data Storage
the first of two ZFS books, by critically acclaimed author Michael W Lucas and FreeBSD developer Allan Jude
ZFS, the fast, flexible, self-healing filesystem, revolutionized data storage. Leveraging ZFS changes everything about managing FreeBSD systems.
With FreeBSD Mastery: ZFS, you’ll learn to:
- choose hardware for ZFS
- arrange your storage for optimal performance
- configure datasets that match your enterprise’s needs
- repair and monitor storage pools
- expand your storage
- use compression to enhance performance
- determine if deduplication is right for your data
- understand how copy-on-write changes everything
- snapshot filesystems
- automatically rotate snapshots
- clone filesystems
- understand how ZFS uses and manages space
- customize FreeBSD ZFS installs
Whether you’re a long-term FreeBSD administrator or a new user, FreeBSD Mastery: ZFS will help you simplify storage.
Master ZFS with FreeBSD Mastery: ZFS
“If you’re a FreeBSD (or Linux, or Unix) sysadmin, then you need this book.” — Slashdot, on FreeBSD Mastery: Storage Essentials
This bundle contains PDF of the print edition, epub, and mobi, all DRM-free.