FreeBSD includes many special-purpose filesystems to address any number of use cases. FreeBSD Mastery: Specialty Filesystems takes you through these filesystems, helping you solve problems you didn’t know you have. These filesystems underlie everything from application servers to jails.
You’ll learn to manage:
- removable media
- MSDOS and Linux filesystems
- CD, DVD, and Blu-Ray disks
- process filesystems
- the file descriptor filesystem
- the POSIX message queue filesystem
- union mounts
- null mounts
- both memory filesystems, and when to use each
- NFS versions 2, 3, and 4
- iSCSI targets and initiators
- the Common Internet File System
- networked disk redundancy with geom_gate and HAST
- high availability storage with HAST and iSCSI
- NFSv4 Access Control Lists
- User Space Filesystems
- FreeBSD’s Solaris-compatible automounter
System administrators of any expertise level will expand their FreeBSD mastery with FreeBSD Mastery: Specialty Filesystems.
This bundle contains EPUB and Mobi (Kindle) versions, plus a PDF of the print version.