Stop waiting for the network team!
Most sysadmins don’t need to understand window scaling, or the differences between IPv4 and IPv6 echo requests, or other intricacies of the TCP/IP protocols. You need only enough to deploy your own applications and get easy support from the network team.
This book teaches you:
- How modern networks really work
- The essentials of TCP/IP
- The next-generation protocol, IPv6
- The right tools to diagnose network problems, and how to use them
- Troubleshooting everything from the physical wire to DNS
- How to see the traffic you send and receive
- Connectivity testing
- How to communicate with your network team to quickly resolve problems
A systems administrator doesn’t need to know the innards of TCP/IP, but knowing enough to diagnose your own network issues transforms a good sysadmin into a great one.
Fungi are among the most networked creatures in the world. If a mushroom can do it, so can you!
(This bundle contains PDF from the print edition, epub, and mobi, all DRM-free.)